lunes, 3 de julio de 2017

Reseña: Cold Reign (Jane Yellowrock #11)

Cold Reign (Jane Yellowrock #11)

by 

Faith Hunter


350 pages
Published May 2nd 2017 by Ace
ISBN:1101991402 (ISBN13: 9781101991404)
Edition Language: English
Series:Jane Yellowrock #11

BLURB: Jane Yellowrock is a shape-shifting skinwalker…and the woman rogue vampires fear most. Jane walks softly and carries a big stake to keep the peace in New Orleans, all part of her job as official enforcer to Leo Pellisier, Master of the City. But Leo’s reign is being threatened by a visit from a delegation of ancient European vampires seeking to expand their dominions.
 But there’s another danger to the city. When she hears reports of revenant vampires, loose in NOLA and out for blood, Jane goes to put them down—and discovers there’s something unusual about these revenants. They never should have risen.Jane must test her strength against a deadly, unnatural magic beyond human understanding, and a ruthless cadre of near-immortals whose thirst for power knows no bounds…
My shelves: fantasia-urbana, magia, series-favoritas, shapeshifters, shifter_puma, vamp-hunter, vampiros, witches

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


15971253

There are few, very few, books that let me at 'squeeee level'. Well, cough, this is one of them.

In Jane Yellowrock's New Orleans, the European Vamps have finally arrived. (well, funny factor here - Anita Blake old times nostalgia aside- they really arrived). As you can expect, bad-bad things occur almost simultaneously. There is a ton of action-packed scenes.

I'm really impresed when authors can show they thought their books way ahead; and the argumental arcs converged to leave you impressed.

1) Cherokee rituals.

2) Magiks, and angels, and scheming vampires, onorios, primos, emperors, and witches, and dragons, and Beast, and storms and rain.

3) And Alex and Eli:
I looked out into the living room. “I was thinking you could find and replace the fireplaces with gas ones.”
“No. Wood,” Alex said. “That way, when the zombie apocalypse comes we can have wood fire for heating and cooking.”
“When the apocalypse comes,” Eli corrected, “we’ll grab gobags and head for the hills. Some little holler Janie tells us about.”
-----------------

Also

3) Jane hit RickyBo.

4) Jane defends her love.

I dropped my voice, so low even a wereleopard had to tilt his head to hear. “Understand this, you foul piece of scum. You and I are done. I’m with George Dumas,” I said, using his real name to make sure there could be no confusion. “You touch my Bruiser and I’ll take your head so fast you’ll still be blinking as you fall in two. Anything happens to my Bruiser by an outside force or person, and I’ll take your head. My Bruiser disappears, and I’ll take your head. He stubs his toe and I’ll make you pay. Are we clear?”
--------------------

Yeah, our Jane is a big softie.

---------------
I slid my arms over his shoulders and pulled myself into him. The kiss deepened and I sighed into his mouth. When he pulled away, we were both breathing harder, and Bruiser was still smiling, a strange light in his eyes. He said, “If your bed weren’t bloody I would have peeled your clothes away and taken you right now.”
“If the floor wasn’t bloody I’d have taken you on the floor.”
Bruiser spluttered with laughter and the moment was broken, though the sweetness remained as he dropped his head and laughed into my shoulder. His hold around me eased. “And that, my darling War Woman, is why you have my heart.”
----------------------

-->But Still, some serious issues to worry about it: all the Beast doing it seems ...SPOILER--->meaning, all that DNA that Beast had incorporated into Jane, as vamps, and weres, and arcenciel? and other beasties that worry me b/c it changes more and more our Jane. And b/c what ha ppen with Immanuel... and think to much changes can't be good <---SPOILER/

The good thing : the healings and that she can forgive helself -a tough decition for many.


The not-good: ¿Hasta cuándo, Rick?? He is worst that the annoying gum in your shoe. Mrs. Hunter, was the song necesary???? UGH_ Let go. /to Africa or someplace far away.

------------
Time doesn’t heal all emotional wounds. Often they scar over, leaving abnormal psychic tissue, faulty emotional patterns, sometimes with an absence of sensation at all. That was how I felt about Rick. Scarred and empty.
----------

But, above all, happy with this book :)




Notas:
-Sigo viendo al Hijo de Judas como al de Dracula 2000 XD

 -Bruiser?



-Emperador



-Luis


-Arcensiel



-Beast


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario