lunes, 11 de mayo de 2015

Reseña: Rat Queens Vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth (COMIC)


Rat Queens #2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth (tomos 6-10)
Story By Kurtis J. Wiebe 
Art By Roc Upchurch, Stjepan Sejic 
Cover By Stjepan Sejic  
Publisher: Image Comics
Pages: 140.
ISBN-13: 978-1632150400

Fecha de Pubñlicación. 6 de Junio de 2015.


This booze-soaked second volume of RAT QUEENS reveals a growing menace within the very walls of Palisade. And while Dee may have run from her past, the bloated, blood-feasting sky god N’rygoth never really lets his children stray too far.


My ranking: 4.5 bloody stars  
Don't you know your mythology, girl? Rats are the harbingers of impeding destruction.
 



And the adventure continue with Hannah, Dee, Vi and Betty, not your average heroines in a fantasy world on crack. They are multicultural, multi-sized and multi-shaped, and talk without reservations nor filter. (i.e. sweard, fight, drink, and had sex). They are cliche, and make fun of that. And in a bizarre way that works.

 

 

We have some sneak-peaks in the past of Vi, Hannah, and some information about Vi. And of course the action never end.



**SPOILERS**  (highlight to see it)

Since the beggining I have some déjà vu scenes with 'Conan' -the Mask-,  and with the very famous Chultu,( though I like the comeback from the tentacles and men joke form the first book), and oh sorprise with HellBoy. 

But I'm a sucker for cute couples; and I'm talking of Hannah/Sawyer, and awww Vi/OrcDave.


Anyway, these mercs stand their ground.




 Minus issues: -Some sudden cut/change in pace, that let me think that I lost some pages or something. (I think I found something a bit weird with Hannah,and then I learn that they switched the artist.)

 Note: I read this in my pc, and if I found pdf reader annoying, well, electronic adobe is a pain in the behind.

*Courtesy of Netgalley. Thank you*

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/rat-queens-vol-2-the-far-reaching-tentacles-of-nrygoth-tp 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario